Cusco Salkantay Trek 8D/7N
This is popular package for passangers who have short time in Peru and want to be part of the Salkantay Trek. These 8 days and 7 nights package includes: Cusco, Sacred Valley, Salkantay trek and Machu Picchu. These destinations are a must for all those visiting Peru and the Cusco Region.
Realize why Perugoyo Expeditions has a good reputation.First of all we are a 100% Peruvian Agency based in Cusco Peru and We offer the very best service, using carefully 3stars,4stars and 5stars hotels which are based on great Standards and the leaders in their category here in Cusco Region. When you arrive to Cusco you will be greeted by one of our representatives holding a sign with your name on it. After your arrival at your hotel you will meet your guide who will be given a pre-briefing. During our tours we look after our passengers every step of the way. There are no hidden surprises. Yes – we included the train Back from Machu Picchu,the entrance fees to Machupicchu and Waynapicchu and all internal land and air transportation (Included domestic flights) All our full day tours include lunch.
Day 1: Cusco City Tour (Overnight Cusco)
Upon arrival to Cusco Airport. Reception and transportation to the Hotel where you will receive an aromatic coca tea to stimulating for the height, will have the free morning to rest and also we suggest you have a light lunch in either your hotel or in one of the surrounded; in the afternoon we will depart on a City tour (entrance to the archaeological centers and museums including) we will visit the Main square, Cathedral, the Koricancha (temple of the sun) and in addition we will make a route bordering archaeological centers like Sacsayhuaman Fortress, Q’enko, Puka Pukara and Tambomachay, tour finishes 6:30pm approximately at the main square in order you can take dinner in one of the exquisite restaurants in the area, then overnight. (No meals included)
Day 2: Sacred Valley of the Inkas (Pisaq -Urubamba-Ollantaytambo-Chimcheros)-( Overnight in Cusco Hotel)
Breakfast. You will be picked up at 8:15 am. Full day excursion to the Urubamba Valley visiting: the colorful Indian market in Pisac where a mixture of color and tradition will be able appreciated besides will have a good opportunity to try our bargain skills on the free time to interact with the local craftsmen to purchase their hand-made souvenirs. The Valley has a distance of 31 km (19 miles) of Cusco, and an altitude of 2,970 ms (9,700 p), Pisac is located to the entrance of the Sacred Valley and followed by Ollantaytambo, the older town continuously occupied of the American continent. The narrow streets of Ollantaytambo, along with their channels that have not varied from the time Inca, evoke their ancestral inheritance, lunch in a typical restaurant and after we explore Ollantaytambo we will be visit Chimcheros which is another great archeological site in the Sacred Valley we will be back in cusco at around 6:00pm (B,L).
Day 3: Mollepata – Soraypampa-Salkantay
We pick you up from your hotel and then we go the bus station and travel by bus for about 3 hours to Mollepata. A 3 hour walk will take us to Cruzpata where we will have lunch with panoramic views of beautiful snow-capped mountains (Humantay; 4120m/13500ft and Salkantay; 6271m/20575ft) – just the start! We will begin our trek towards Soraypamapa, our first campsite (3800 m/11750ft; the highest and coldest campsite of the trip) taking in the beautiful landscape along the way.
day 4: Soraypampa –Chaullay or Collpapampa (Mighty Salkantay)
We will have breakfast at around 5.30am and begin our walk to the highest pass on this trek (4650m/15200ft) located halfway between 2 huge mountains; Salkantay on the right and Tucarhuay on the left. From the pass, the views of the 2 snow-capped mountains are incredible. There is a possibility of snow here.
After a rest, we will continue our walk (downhill) through a dramatic cloud forest towards Huayracpunku, where we will have lunch. We hike again after lunch in the direction of the start of the jungle until we reach our second campsite, chaullay or Colcapampa (3000m/9800ft).
Day 5: Chaullay –La Playa or Santa Teresa ( Cloud Forest)
After breakfast, at 6.30am, we start trekking for the day through the upper jungle crossing the Lluskamayo River and a variety of little brooks to reach La Playa walking about 6 hours . Today we will pass through valleys and have wonderful views of waterfalls, tropical fruits ,plants and as soon as we are at la playa place where we are going to camp, on the other hand the horses will go back to Mollepata. from here there are an optional thing to do so we can take a local bus to drive one hour to get santa teresa where we can enjoy the natural hots pring ( bus fares and entrance fees to the the natural hots pring is not included in this tour.
Day 6: La Playa to Llactapata or Santa Teresa –Hidroelectrica -Aguas Calientes
We will have breakfast at 8am and leave our campsite at la Playa we will walk for about 20 minutes to get to Lucmabamba so wi wil do the original trail of Lacctapata after we arrive to Hydrolectric where we are going to have lunch then we continue walking, passing a variety of crop plantations, coca, banana we will be walking about two and half hours along the train road till reaching Aguas Calientes town where we will spend the night in a hostal.
In Aguas Calientes, you can take advantage of the thermal springs in the town (entrance 10 soles) a real treat after finishing the trek.
Day 7: Machu Picchu
We wake up early morning about 4 am to then to 4:30 to have the breakfast and leave to walk up to machupichu which takes
one and half hours up to machupicchu but there is another option to catch the first bus which leaves 5:30 to Machu Picchu (25-minutes long ) in order to appreciate the magnificent city as the sun is rising.
A walking tour (approximately 2 hours) is given by your Guide and after this you can explore the mysterious city by yourselves. If you still have energy you can also climb Huayna Picchu (2720m/8890ft)!!! It takes 45 minutes to reach the top.
You will meet your guide in Aguas Calientes (it can be reached by bus or on foot) to be given your train tickets back to Cusco or ollantaytambo . The first train usually leaves at 15.55 and we will arrive back in Cusco at about 20.20.or the second train which leaves 4:20 and goes to ollantaytambo where someone will be waiting for you with your guides name who will take you to take a bus to cusco .
If desired, an extra night in Aguas Calientes town can be arranged. (Please let us know whether you would like to stay an extra night when booking your tour.)
Breakfast in your hotel. At the designated time you will be picked up from your hotel and transferred to the airport for your departing flight.
You will be assisted at the airport before you board your plane.
- All Transfers as mentioned in the Travel Program
- 3 Nights Accommodation in Cusco & 1 night in Aguas Calientes
- Top hotels in each category with all hotels based on US Standard
- All tours mentioned in the travel program
- All Entrance Fees
- Professional English Speaking Guides
- Roundtrip Shuttle Bus up to Machu Picchu
- 4 Breakfasts (in hotel), 2 lunches (included on Full Day Tours)
- Round trip Domestic Flights (Lima- Cusco- Lima)
- 24 Hour assistanc
What is included in the Salkantay trek
- Profesional bilingual tour guide
- First day andean ceremony, offering to the mother earth
- Maximum number of paxs 10 paxs
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up from where you are staying)
- Private transport to Mollepata ( trailhead)
- Tourist train back to ollantaytambo ( expedition service can be at 2:30 pm,18:45pm or 21:30 pm leaving from Aguas calientes).
- Private transport back from Ollamtaytambo to Cusco
- Entrance fee Machu Picchu and Waynapicchu
- Food: *4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 4 dinners
- 3-people tents capacity jus for two paxs only to have more space to store your luggage ( 4season tent)
- Camping equipment (tent, cooking and eating tent. Chairs and tables)
- Thermarest(air mat) sleeping mat
- Sleeping bag -20C goose down north face brand new
- Horseman , mules or porters (they just carry cooking stuff and camping equipment)
- 7 kilos of your personal belongins to be carry by the horses
- 1 night accommodation in a hostal Aguas Calientes(private room,cable tv, wi fi)
- First Aid kit
- Vegetarian/special diet options available
Doesn´t include :
- Breakfast on first day and lunch on the last day in agues calientes
- Entrances to the hot spring waters or transportation to get there (15 soles round trip ) Aguas calientes(10 soles)
- Extra horse to ride or for any extra backpack.
Note: if you need something to hire from us, we will for you, without any deposit (because most of the rent camping shops use to ask like 50 or 60 dollars for anything you want to take.
What you need to take:
- Original passport and Student card (ISIC) green card
- Insurance card is essential
- Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Warm jack
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Rain pants
- Sun hat, Bathing suit (for hot springs in santa teresa and Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ) sun is strong
- Insect Repellent 40 % deet ( for mosquitos )
- Water bottle
- Water purification tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight)
- Extra contribution suggested money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency (300 soles)
- Walking poles ( black diamont or leki brand)
Optional items to take:
- Short pants
- Walking poles (with rubber tips) they can also be hired from us.
- Plaster and bandages