Lares Trek To Machu Picchu 4 Days / 3 Night
DAY 01: Cusco Thermal Baths of Lares.
peru travel amazing. We leave Cusco early in the morning for the Sacred Valley. We’ll arrive to the thermal baths at Lares in the afternoon and have time to take a refreshing and relaxing bath in the hot springs. After lunch we will start hiking for 2 hours to reach our camp.
DAY 02: Huacawasi Condorpasa Ipsaycocha.
Peru travel amazing. After breakfast we will continue our walk through the valley to reach the community of Huacawasi. Here the people produce weavings and we can see their great skills and brilliant techniques in the fabrication of ponchos and clothing.
Passing through the village we will start ascending to the Open Condorpasa (4.100m). From here we will see an amazing view of the Veronica snow – peakes mountains (5.750m). For the next hour we will hike down to the beautiful lagoon Ipsaycocha where we camp for the night.
DAY 03: Ipsaycocha Patacancha Huilloc Pumamarca Ollantaytambo Aguas Calientes.
Peru travel amazing. After breakfast we will descend to the valley to reach the community of Huilloc where we will have lunch. From there we will walk for about 2 more hours to reach the community where we can appreciate the Pumamarca Incan terraces. Next we will arrive at Ollantaytambo, a magnificent Incan walled city located in a fertile valley and protected by huge mountains.
This is a perfect place to appreciate the best archaeological remains left by our Inca ancestors. Then we will head towards the Ollantaytambo train station to board our train to Aguas Calientes where we will check in to our comfortable hostel.
DAY 04: Aguas Calientes Machu Picchu Cusco.
Peru travel amazing. Early in the morning after breakfast we will ascend to Machu picchu by bus from Aguas Caliente. You will have the option to climb Huayna Picchu if you arrive early enough. For 2 hours the guide will lead you through Machu picchu explaining everything about how the city was designed and the significance of the buildings.
You will have time to experience Machu picchu on your own after the tour. When finished take the bus back to Aguas Caliente and board your train back to Cusco. You will be greeted at the train station and retuned to your hotel in Cusco in the evening.
What is Included:
- Pre-departure briefing
- Collection from your hotel in the morning and transfer in private transportation to Lares (starting point of the trek)
- Personal tents: 2 people in each 4peoplecapacity tent, to allow for higher comfort and a safe keeping of backpacks.
- English speaking professional and official tourist guide (2 guides for groups of over 9 people)
- Chef and cooking equipment
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Pack animals (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment) – days 1 to 3
- 1 Bag or daffor bag where you can out maximum of 7kg per person (including sleeping pad and sleeping bag) – days 1 to 3(we are going to carry in our horses)
- 1 emergency horse each 8 persons – days 1 to 3
- Meals (03B, 03L, 03D + daily morning snack + daily tea service except last day). Vegetarian or special menus are available at no extra cost
- One textile snack bag per person, to avoid the usage of plastic bags that contaminate our environment
- Biodegradable personal hand soaps
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes / boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead
- Firstaid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Machupicchu entrance fee
- Bus ticket Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes (One Way) (day 4)
- Train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes (round trip).
- Transfer train stationhotel in Cusco
- 1 blanket per Person
- Water boil during the trek
- Day 1: Breakfast
- Day 4: Lunch in Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain (US $ 15.00)
What to bring:
- Backpack with rain shelter.
- Sleeping back.
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
- Rain pants and lightweight pants.
- Trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers).
- Woolen or synthetic socksand a sweater.
- Long- and short-sleeved polars/T-Shirts.
- Rainponcho, cold and sun hat.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Flash light, Sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol and gel, water bottle and sterilizing tabletsoiletries and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in plastic bag), a flash light and batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit.
- Original passport, original ISIC student card and extra money in soles.
- Since the weather can be very cold and moistly, your clothes – once gotten wet – won dry at night. So take some clothes to change.